Little Heroes Foundation raises funds for essential equipment and services accessed by thousands of seriously ill children and their families.
Since 1996, we have raised more than $13 million dollars for lifesaving facilities at Adelaide’s Women’s and Children’s Hospital, and to provide daily support to families around Australia through our Little Heroes Care program.
Women’s and Children’s Hospital Projects include:
- $2 million towards the Michael Rice Centre for Haematology and Oncology
- $3 million for two new MRI machines and an ambient lighting package
- $1.5 million for the play deck and adjoining cafe
- $1 million for a state of the art endoscopic operating theatre
Little Heroes Care
Our vision is to ensure that seriously ill children and their families have
access to the very best care regardless of the rarity of their diagnosis, financial circumstances or where they live.
Little Heroes Care is now a truly national program, delivering more than
$1 million in support services to families across Australia each year. These include:
- An in-home nurse program for children with Epidermolysis Bullosa (butterfly children)
- Support for children and young people living with Muscular Dystrophy
- A pilot program providing nebulisers for Cystic Fibrosis children in South Australia
- An evidence-based intervention program for children with Autism
- Practical assistance, therapies and equipment for children and families cared for by the Paediatric Palliative Care Service at the Women’s and Children’s Hospital
- Practical support for seriously ill children and their families including fuel vouchers, car parking and house cleaning
How we raise funds
Little Heroes Foundation is always exploring innovative ways to provide an ‘experience’ in exchange for a donation. We want to involve our supporters in something they wouldn't normally have access to such as our signature Slowdown football match, exclusive overseas adventures and renowned Showdown and Melbourne Cup luncheons.
How to get involved
We treasure the strong relationship we have with our supporters. It is their generosity that helps us make a difference to the lives of thousands
of seriously ill children and their families. There are a number of ways
you can help and be a part of Little Heroes Foundation:
Come to our events - whether it's the Slowdown, Backyard Bash, Melbourne Cup lunch or a local fundraiser, your donation and support is what helps our kids and their families.
Volunteer - volunteers do a variety of tasks at our large events such as collecting at the gates, and selling merchandise and raffle tickets.
Fundraise - Holding your own fundraiser or event is a fantastic way to raise money for Little Heroes Foundation. We can help you get started and decide what kind of fundraiser will work best for you.
Donate – There are many ways you can make a financial contribution to Little Heroes Foundation. The easiest way is to donate through our website!
Sponsor – sponsoring Little Heroes Foundation events enhances the experience for those attending and is a great way to promote your organisation.
Legacy giving – by leaving a legacy gift, such as a bequest, to Little Heroes Foundation you can have a lasting impact on the children and families we support.
Become a licensed partner – Little Heroes Foundation endorses a variety of products with an agreed amount from each sale helping seriously ill children.